The APSARD blog contains content that addresses mental health practitioners, children and adults, ADHD and related disorders, and overall memberships updates. All APSARD members can submit a blog for posting.
Submit blogs to email@example.com for review and approval.
Click HERE to reference a guide on how to write a blog.
2020 Blog Postings:
- 5/18/2020: Does Acetaminophen use During Pregnancy Cause ADHD in Offspring?
- 5/13/2020: Families Under Pressure – Tips for During COVID-19
- 5/12/2020: APSARD and ADHD in Adults Webinars
- 5/11/2020: What is Evidenced Based Medicine?
- 4/29/2020: Treating ADHD in a Time of COVID-19
- 4/27/2020: APSARD Members in the News
- 4/24/2020: ADHD and Race in the School Setting
- 4/23/2020: Do Academic Attainment and Peer Relationships Mediate the Relationship Between ADHD and Depression in Adolescence?
- 4/20/2020: Can Computers Train the Brain to Cure ADHD?
- 4/13/2020: More Data About Gifted People with ADHD
- 4/10/2020: Managing ADHD in College Students During COVID-19
- 4/9/2020: ADHD Research in the time of COVID
- 4/3/2020: ADHD Increases Risky Decision Making: Evidence from a Meta-Analysis
- 4/1/2020: GUIDELINES, RESOURCES, AND TIPS FOR APSARD MEMBERS
- 3/25/2020: Does ADHD Medication Improve the Parenting Skills of Adults with ADHD?
- 3/16/2020: Can Physical Exercise Help People with ADHD?
- 3/11/2020: Adult ADHD and Comorbid Somatic Disease
- 3/9/2020: Vallon Pharmaceuticals Presents Positive Data from Pilot Intranasal Human Abuse Study of Its Investigational Abuse Deterrent Stimulant, ADAIR, at the American Professional Society of ADHD and Related Disorders (APSARD) Annual Meeting
- 3/6/2020: ADHD Among Seniors: APSARD Members in the News
- 3/4/2020: Knowledge/Understanding, Perception and Attitude Towards ADHD in Indonesia
- 3/2/2020: ADHD Symptoms Manifest in Automatic and Controlled Processing
- 2/12/2020: Adult ADHD is a Risk Factor for Broken Bones
- 2/10/2020: APSARD 2020 Annual Meeting Poster- Neuropsychological Assessment Discriminates ADHD-I from SCT by Parent Report
- 2/6/2020: What is Sluggish Cognitive Tempo and is it Relevant to ADHD?
- 1/29/2020: A Brief History of ADHD
- 1/27/2020: Adult Onset ADHD: Does it Exist? Is it Distinct from Youth Onset ADHD?
- 1/23/2020: ADHD Symptoms Manifest in Automatic and Controlled Processing
- 1/17/2020: APSARD Mentorship Initiative at the 2020 Annual Meeting
- 1/13/2020: Bullying, Aggression and ADHD
- 1/9/2020: Emotion Dysregulation: A Major Problem For Adolescents With ADHD
- 1/7/2020: Web Portal That Helps Providers Implement the New ADHD Guideline Offered Free to Providers Across the U.S.
- 1/2/2020: Role of Neuropsychological Assessment in ADHD
2019 Blog Postings:
- 12/31/2019: Ask the ADHD Experts Series
- 12/19/2019: NIMH Funded Web Portal That Helps Providers Implement the New ADHD Guideline
- 12/18/2019: APSARD 2020 Annual Meeting- Role of Neuropsychological Assessment in ADHD
- 12/17/2019: APSARD 2020 Annual Meeting- The Changing Legal Climate of Marijuana use in its Impact for our Patients With ADHD
- 12/16/2019: APSARD 2020 Annual Meeting- Sleep Challenges in ADHD
- 12/13/2019: APSARD 2020 Annual Meeting- ADHD and Autism: New Insights on Their Relationship
- 12/13/2019: APSARD 2020 Annual Meeting- Are Differences in Long-Acting Stimulant Formulations Clinically Meaningful?
- 10/30/2019: ADHD and Eating Disorders
- 10/23/2019: Adult ADHD and Perfectionistic Thoughts
- 10/15/2019: Association of Psychiatric Comorbidity With the Risk of Premature Death Among Children and Adults With Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- 10/15/2019: Quantifying the Protective Effects of Stimulants on Functional Outcomes in Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: A Focus on Number Needed to Treat Statistic and Sex Effects
- 8/20/2019: Membership Update on AdultsinADHD.com
- 8/28/2019: How do Undiagnosed but Symptomatic Adults Compare with Those Diagnosed with ADHD?
- 4/26/19: The FASE Study: Best Treatment of Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome in Adult ADHD
- 4/26/19: Complementary and Integrative Health Approaches to ADHD Treatment
2018 Blog Postings:
- 11/27/18: Females With ADHD: Can We Increase Diagnostic Accuracy by Shifting Our Conceptual Model?
- 11/26/18: 9 Questions to Ask When You Suspect Your Preschooler May Have ADHD
- 11/26/18: CCHMC Center for ADHD
- 11/12/18: Study Finds Traumatic Brain Injuries, Even Mild Ones, Increase Risk of ADHD
- 11/12/18: The Earlier, the Better: Diagnosing and Treating ADHD in Preschoolers
- 10/9/18: The Central Mystery of ADHD
- 9/28/18: Side Effects of Psychosocial Treatments
- 9/27/18: Machine Learning Predictive Models Will Not Replace Clinical Judgment Anytime Soon
- 9/11/18: Managing ADHD: What is Your Implementation Plan?
- 3/28/18: Powerful Interview a Must Listen to Help Keep Young Adults Out of Prison
- 3/23/18: Internet Communities and Self Medication Among Young Adults with ADHD
- 3/5/18: Reflections from a 2018 APSARD Travel Awardee – Luke Norman, Ph.D.
- 3/1/18: US Radio Interview on ADHD, Late Sleep and Health
- 01/04/18: JAD Table of Contents January 2018 Issue 2
- 01/02/18: Symposium Showcases Effectiveness of ADHD Coaching at APSARD 2018
2017 Blog Postings:
- 11/13/17: Upcoming APSARD Conference and Members’ Forum
- 11/13/17: Language of ADHD in Adults on Social Media
- 07/31/17: Review of ADHD Entrepreneurial Research: Part 2
- 07/26/17: Review of ADHD Entrepreneurial Research: Part 1
- 07/24/17: Neural Growth Factors and ADHD: Lessons Learned and a Glimpse Towards the Future
- 07/18/17: Development of an ADHD Cognitions Scale
- 07/12/17: Love, Sex and ADHD
- 07/12/17: Atypical Sensory Profiles in Adult ADHD, Irrespective of Autistic Symptoms
- 07/10/17: Rising Costs Associated with ADHD Care
- 07/10/17: Discontinuation Protocols
- 05/21/17: Research vs. Reality: Accommodation Use by College Students With ADHD
- 05/15/17: What can Doctors do about Fake ADHD?
- 05/05/17: ADHD in the United States Army
- 03/28/17: Changing ASD-ADHD Symptom Co-Occurrence Across the Lifespan With Adolescence as Crucial Time Window: Illustrating the Need to go Beyond Childhood
- 03/22/17: ADHD Across the Lifespan: Adult Academic Outcomes of Childhood ADHD
- 03/22/17: Journal of Attention Disorders Vol. 21, No. 6, April 2017
- 03/17/17: Stimulant Diversion Rising with Young Adults with ADHD
- 03/15/17: Core Beliefs and Adult ADHD
- 03/15/17: Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Autism Spectrum Disorder
- 03/15/17: The Challenges of Implementing ADHD Clinical Guidelines and Research Best Evidence in Routine Clinical Care Settings: Delphi Survey and Mixed-Methods Study
- 03/08/17: Child vs. Adult Onset of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- 01/23/17: Adult ADHD and Comorbid Bipolar Disorder: Treat or not?
- 01/10/17: Longitudinal Course of ADHD in College Students
- 01/04/17: Mindfulness Meditation: Enhancing Consciousness of Persons Affected by ADHD
- 01/04/17: Neuroimaging of ADHD: Disorder-Specificity and Translation Into Neurotherapy
- 01/02/17: Overview and Recommendations for Future Coaching/Therapeutic Research
2016 Blog Postings:
- 11/21/16: Gender Differences in Associations Between Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Substance Use Disorder
- 11/16/16: New Developments in CBT for Adult ADHD
- 11/07/16: Are You a Night Owl? About ADHD and Late Sleep
- 11/01/16: Comparison of Two Measures of Working Memory Impairments in 220 Adolescents and Adults with ADHD
- 10/31/16: Why Do Adults With ADHD Choose Strength-Based Coaching Over Public Mental Health Care? A Qualitative Case Study From the Netherlands.
- 10/17/16: Affective Lability or Emotional Dysregulation: Diagnostic Overlaps
- 10/17/16: Impulsivity Linked to Completed Suicides in Elementary School Aged Children
- 10/14/17: How Do We Manage a Patient Who Presents ADHD and Comorbid Depression? How Well Do Antidepressants Work In This Patient Population?
- 10/10/16: Are There Character Strengths Associated With Adult ADHD?: Comparison of ADHD Adults and Controls on the VIA Inventory of Strengths
- 09/02/16: Working Memory Training in Post-Secondary Students with ADHD: A Randomized Controlled Study
- 09/02/16: A Randomized Controlled Trial of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for ADHD in Medication Treated Adolescents
- 09/02/16: Web-Based Intervention for Teachers of Elementary Students With ADHD: Randomized Controlled Trial
- 09/03/16: Is ADHD a Serious Condition?
- 03/31/16: ADHD and Negative Thinking
- 01/28/16: ADHD and Brain Imaging – Improvements for Diagnosis and Care
- 01/21/16: ADHD and SUD
- 01/14/16: ADHD in Adults Over the Age of 50
- 01/12/16: How Animal Studies Speed Research in ADHD
- 01/12/16: ADHD in Parents and Families: What We Know Now