The APSARD blog contains content that addresses mental health practitioners, children and adults, ADHD and related disorders, and overall memberships updates. All APSARD members can submit a blog for posting.
Submit blogs to firstname.lastname@example.org for review and approval.
Click HERE to reference a guide on how to write a blog.
2020 Blog Postings:
- 1/27/2020: Adult Onset ADHD: Does it Exist? Is it Distinct from Youth Onset ADHD?
- 1/23/2020: ADHD Symptoms Manifest in Automatic and Controlled Processing
- 1/17/2020: APSARD Mentorship Initiative at the 2020 Annual Meeting
- 1/13/2020: Bullying, Aggression and ADHD
- 1/9/2020: Emotion Dysregulation: A Major Problem For Adolescents With ADHD
- 1/7/2020: Web Portal That Helps Providers Implement the New ADHD Guideline Offered Free to Providers Across the U.S.
- 1/2/2020: Role of Neuropsychological Assessment in ADHD
2019 Blog Postings:
- 12/31/2019: Ask the ADHD Experts Series
- 12/19/2019: NIMH Funded Web Portal That Helps Providers Implement the New ADHD Guideline
- 12/18/2019: APSARD 2020 Annual Meeting- Role of Neuropsychological Assessment in ADHD
- 12/17/2019: APSARD 2020 Annual Meeting- The Changing Legal Climate of Marijuana use in its Impact for our Patients With ADHD
- 12/16/2019: APSARD 2020 Annual Meeting- Sleep Challenges in ADHD
- 12/13/2019: APSARD 2020 Annual Meeting- ADHD and Autism: New Insights on Their Relationship
- 12/13/2019: APSARD 2020 Annual Meeting- Are Differences in Long-Acting Stimulant Formulations Clinically Meaningful?
- 10/30/2019: ADHD and Eating Disorders
- 10/23/2019: Adult ADHD and Perfectionistic Thoughts
- 10/15/2019: Association of Psychiatric Comorbidity With the Risk of Premature Death Among Children and Adults With Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- 10/15/2019: Quantifying the Protective Effects of Stimulants on Functional Outcomes in Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: A Focus on Number Needed to Treat Statistic and Sex Effects
- 8/20/2019: Membership Update on AdultsinADHD.com
- 8/28/2019: How do Undiagnosed but Symptomatic Adults Compare with Those Diagnosed with ADHD?
- 4/26/19: The FASE Study: Best Treatment of Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome in Adult ADHD
- 4/26/19: Complementary and Integrative Health Approaches to ADHD Treatment
2018 Blog Postings:
- 11/27/18: Females With ADHD: Can We Increase Diagnostic Accuracy by Shifting Our Conceptual Model?
- 11/26/18: 9 Questions to Ask When You Suspect Your Preschooler May Have ADHD
- 11/26/18: CCHMC Center for ADHD
- 11/12/18: Study Finds Traumatic Brain Injuries, Even Mild Ones, Increase Risk of ADHD
- 11/12/18: The Earlier, the Better: Diagnosing and Treating ADHD in Preschoolers
- 10/9/18: The Central Mystery of ADHD
- 9/28/18: Side Effects of Psychosocial Treatments
- 9/27/18: Machine Learning Predictive Models Will Not Replace Clinical Judgment Anytime Soon
- 9/11/18: Managing ADHD: What is Your Implementation Plan?
- 3/28/18: Powerful Interview a Must Listen to Help Keep Young Adults Out of Prison
- 3/23/18: Internet Communities and Self Medication Among Young Adults with ADHD
- 3/5/18: Reflections from a 2018 APSARD Travel Awardee – Luke Norman, Ph.D.
- 3/1/18: US Radio Interview on ADHD, Late Sleep and Health
- 01/04/18: JAD Table of Contents January 2018 Issue 2
- 01/02/18: Symposium Showcases Effectiveness of ADHD Coaching at APSARD 2018
2017 Blog Postings:
- 11/13/17: Upcoming APSARD Conference and Members’ Forum
- 11/13/17: Language of ADHD in Adults on Social Media
- 07/31/17: Review of ADHD Entrepreneurial Research: Part 2
- 07/26/17: Review of ADHD Entrepreneurial Research: Part 1
- 07/24/17: Neural Growth Factors and ADHD: Lessons Learned and a Glimpse Towards the Future
- 07/18/17: Development of an ADHD Cognitions Scale
- 07/12/17: Love, Sex and ADHD
- 07/12/17: Atypical Sensory Profiles in Adult ADHD, Irrespective of Autistic Symptoms
- 07/10/17: Rising Costs Associated with ADHD Care
- 07/10/17: Discontinuation Protocols
- 05/21/17: Research vs. Reality: Accommodation Use by College Students With ADHD
- 05/15/17: What can Doctors do about Fake ADHD?
- 05/05/17: ADHD in the United States Army
- 03/28/17: Changing ASD-ADHD Symptom Co-Occurrence Across the Lifespan With Adolescence as Crucial Time Window: Illustrating the Need to go Beyond Childhood
- 03/22/17: ADHD Across the Lifespan: Adult Academic Outcomes of Childhood ADHD
- 03/22/17: Journal of Attention Disorders Vol. 21, No. 6, April 2017
- 03/17/17: Stimulant Diversion Rising with Young Adults with ADHD
- 03/15/17: Core Beliefs and Adult ADHD
- 03/15/17: Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Autism Spectrum Disorder
- 03/15/17: The Challenges of Implementing ADHD Clinical Guidelines and Research Best Evidence in Routine Clinical Care Settings: Delphi Survey and Mixed-Methods Study
- 03/08/17: Child vs. Adult Onset of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- 01/23/17: Adult ADHD and Comorbid Bipolar Disorder: Treat or not?
- 01/10/17: Longitudinal Course of ADHD in College Students
- 01/04/17: Mindfulness Meditation: Enhancing Consciousness of Persons Affected by ADHD
- 01/04/17: Neuroimaging of ADHD: Disorder-Specificity and Translation Into Neurotherapy
- 01/02/17: Overview and Recommendations for Future Coaching/Therapeutic Research
2016 Blog Postings:
- 11/21/16: Gender Differences in Associations Between Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Substance Use Disorder
- 11/16/16: New Developments in CBT for Adult ADHD
- 11/07/16: Are You a Night Owl? About ADHD and Late Sleep
- 11/01/16: Comparison of Two Measures of Working Memory Impairments in 220 Adolescents and Adults with ADHD
- 10/31/16: Why Do Adults With ADHD Choose Strength-Based Coaching Over Public Mental Health Care? A Qualitative Case Study From the Netherlands.
- 10/17/16: Affective Lability or Emotional Dysregulation: Diagnostic Overlaps
- 10/17/16: Impulsivity Linked to Completed Suicides in Elementary School Aged Children
- 10/14/17: How Do We Manage a Patient Who Presents ADHD and Comorbid Depression? How Well Do Antidepressants Work In This Patient Population?
- 10/10/16: Are There Character Strengths Associated With Adult ADHD?: Comparison of ADHD Adults and Controls on the VIA Inventory of Strengths
- 09/02/16: Working Memory Training in Post-Secondary Students with ADHD: A Randomized Controlled Study
- 09/02/16: A Randomized Controlled Trial of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for ADHD in Medication Treated Adolescents
- 09/02/16: Web-Based Intervention for Teachers of Elementary Students With ADHD: Randomized Controlled Trial
- 09/03/16: Is ADHD a Serious Condition?
- 03/31/16: ADHD and Negative Thinking
- 01/28/16: ADHD and Brain Imaging – Improvements for Diagnosis and Care
- 01/21/16: ADHD and SUD
- 01/14/16: ADHD in Adults Over the Age of 50
- 01/12/16: How Animal Studies Speed Research in ADHD
- 01/12/16: ADHD in Parents and Families: What We Know Now